“Bring Your Book to Life”
InteractBuilder Spring 2012 Contest
InteractBuilder™, an easy-to-use downloadable e-book software created especially to develop interactive publications for smartphones and tablets, is officially launching our Spring 2012 InteractBuilder Contest!
Do you have a picture book already in print that lends itself to interactivity? What about an illustrated story that’s just prime for animated graphics and coloring, tapping, and swiping on a tablet? Have you always wanted to make an e-book? Then, we have a contest for you! Here’s how to make an e-book and get started in the latest interactive e-book publishing. Click here to enter the contest.
What better way to showcase all that our InteractBuilder e-book software can do on the iPad and iPhone than holding a contest to find the very best interactive book it can make? And who better than you to produce this book by using your developer talent and our app software for the Mac and PC.
You can have a newly created fully interactive book promoted on the bookshelf of the InteractBooks’ app. It will be featured on the InteractBooks website and in the Apple App Store and in a special press release.
Contest Deadline Extended to August 15th, 2012!
This contest, which began on April 15, 2012, will run until
July August 15, 2012. Here are the fabulous prizes that will be up for grabs for the best interactive books:
1st Place: 13 inch Macbook Pro (2.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor,4GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory)
2nd Place: iPad 3 (16GB WiFi)
3rd Place: iPad 2 (16GB WiFi)
4th Place: Kindle Fire
5th Place: $150 gift card
We encourage everyone that would like to be a part of this contest to take a look at our current winners from the Winter 2012 “Bring Your Book to Life” Contest, take part in the forums and webinars and communicate with the InteractBooks team members. We look forward to seeing all of the submissions.
InteractBooks is very proud of the interactive children’s books that were submitted in our first two contests. We’re now looking for people who can think out of the box and come up with new ideas on how to make an e-book with InteractBuilder, a versatile e-book software. Perhaps you have a family cookbook or a history book for older children. The criteria is that the book has to be kid and family friendly.
Judging the Entries – To Be Determined!!!
The Official Contest Entry Form is located at the bottom of this page.
Click Here to Enter the Contest.
Our three judges will be looking for a book with:
1) A theme that’s enhanced for readers through interactivity;
2) A well-written script that is different from the norm;
3) Visuals and illustrations in keeping with InteractBooks’ high-quality standards;
4) The ability to leverage the technology of smartphone devices and tablets;
5) Effective use of music and sound effects;
6) Narration of text recommended but not required;
7) An easy to read script by a child and/or parent
8) Marketability – Are there significant marketing hooks that can be leveraged?
9) Re-playability – How replayable is your book?
10) Recommendability – Is your book likely to be recommended to other readers?
We understand that not all authors and illustrators have the technical experience to use our InteractBuilder e-book software. That’s why we welcome authors and illustrators to team up with an app builder. Of course, the book must be your creation and not violate copyright laws (see below).
We’ve chosen judges who will look at your work from different perspectives.
Watch this space for official announcement on our judge selection.
Official Contest Rules
1) All works must be completed by August 15th, 2012. Winners will be announced no later than September 15th, 2012
2) All contestants will sign and agree to the standard InteractBooks publishing agreement that will be emailed to all entrants upon contest registration.
3) All contestants must register for the contest to be recognized as an official entry. Click here to enter the contest.
4) The person(s) submitting the work warrant the following:
- That he or she is (they are) the copyright holder(s) and have the legal right to submit the work, free from any copyright restraints or claims by a third party; and
- That he or she has (they have) all the right, title, and interest necessary to grant InteractBooks™ the nonexclusive right to republish the work without any license or permission from any third party; and
- That by submitting the work he or she gives (they give) InteractBooks permission to republish selected material from the submitted work, copyedited as necessary for style and clarity and illustrated/animated for best quality; and
- That he or she gives (they give) InteractBooks use of the material for promotional purposes.
5) Winners will receive specified computer hardware prize. No cash prizes will be awarded.
6) You need not be a paid member of our publishing community to enter a book in the contest. A paid membership will be required in order to publish your book to the public and earn royalties for your book.
Quality Interactive E-Book Software and Books
InteractBooks strives to provide the highest quality children’s books in an interactive format that takes advantage of touch-screen tablets and smartphone devices; the InteractBooks featured in the app are highly interactive.
The InteractBooks e-book app is available for free from the Apple ITunes App Store. Free children’s books can be downloaded by browsing the InteractBooks Store directly from the app. The InteractBuilder, which works with the InteractBooks app, is an easy-to-use downloadable e-book software that allows users to create their own interactive children’s books. This is the best way to make an e-book. More information is available from www.interactbooks.com and www.interactbuilder.com.
Click Here to Enter the Contest.