“Build An App” InteractBuilder Q4 2013 Contest
InteractBuilder™, an easy-to-use, free downloadable software created especially to develop interactive apps for smartphones, tablets and desktops, is officially launching our 4th quarter 2013 Build an App Contest!
Do you have a great idea for an interactive app? Maybe you have a picture book already in print that lends itself to interactivity? What about a game idea just prime for animated graphics and coloring, tapping, and swiping on a tablet? Have you always wanted to make an app? Then, we have a contest for you!
Click here to enter the contest.
What better way to showcase all that our InteractBuilder software can do than holding a contest to find the very best interactive app it can make? And who better than you to produce this app by using your creative talent and our app software for the Mac, PC, and iPad.
This contest begins on October 3rd, 2013 and will run until January 5th, 2014. Here are the fabulous prizes that will be awarded for the best interactive apps:
1st Place: $1,500 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place: $500 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place: $250 Amazon Gift Card
4th Place: $150 Amazon Gift Card
5th Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card
We look forward to seeing all of the submissions.
InteractStudios is very proud of the interactive apps that were submitted in our previous contests. We are now looking for people who can think out of the box and come up with new ideas on how to make an app with InteractBuilder, a versatile app-building software platform that requires no programming. Perhaps you have a family cookbook or a set of educational activities for older children. The app can be targeted for adults, but the criteria is that it has to be kid- and family-friendly.
Click here to enter the contest.
Our judges will be looking for:
1) An engaging app that is highly interactive.
2) An original app that is different from the norm.
3) Visuals and illustrations that meet the high-quality standards of InteractStudios.
4) The ability to leverage the technology of tablets and smartphones.
5) Effective use of music or sound effects (if you choose to include audio).
6) Narration of text recommended for children’s book apps but not required.
7) Marketability – Are there significant marketing hooks that can be leveraged?
8) Replayability – How replayable is your app?
9) Recommendability – Is your app likely to be recommended to other users?
Of course, the app must be your creation and not violate copyright laws (see below).
Official Contest Rules
1) All works must be completed by January 5th 2014. Winners will be announced no later than January 31, 2014.
2) All contestants must register for the contest to be recognized as an official entry. Click here to register.
3) The person(s) submitting the work warrant the following:
- That he or she is (they are) the copyright holder(s) and have the legal right to submit the work, free from any copyright restraints or claims by a third party; and
- That by submitting the work he or she gives (they give) InteractStudios permission to republish selected material from the submitted work for style and clarity and illustrated/animated for best quality; and
- That he or she gives (they give) InteractStudios use of the material for promotional, marketing, and advertising purposes.
4) Winners will receive specified Amazon gift card prizes
5) You DO NOT need to be a paid member of our publishing community to enter the contest. A paid membership will be required in order to publish your app to the public (on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon App Store).
6) The app can be targeted for adults, but the criteria is that it has to be kid- and family-friendly.
7) All apps must be built using InteractBuilder 3.2 or higher.
To Submit Your App
When you are ready to submit your app, simply use the “Share” feature of InteractBuilder to share the app with firstname.lastname@example.org.